Friday, August 6, 2010

Our Little Tybee Beach Cottage, Omm Sweet Home


Well, we had so much fun on our trip to Tybee Island and many people have asked about the cottage we rented. So, I thought I would share a little bit more about that with you. I rented the cottage through a company called Mermaid Cottages and you can visit their website at http://www.mermaidcottages.com/ They have so many cute cottages, ours was named Omm Sweet Home because it was owned by a yoga instructor.
This is where Todd and I slept, it had 3 bedrooms and 2 full bathrooms, enough for 5 people to sleep. Everything was so comfortable and decorated so cute. I think our bed had a memory foam mattress, I had never slept on one but it was so comfy.
I think my favorite spot was our nice big screened in porch, I love how it was all lit up at night with these cute little lantern lights! Wait, I take that back, my FAV.OR.ITE. spot in the whole place was definately the outdoor shower. I loved talking a shower outside, I'm not sure why I liked it so much, maybe because it is something we would never be able to have at home. (Can you imagine a great big icicle hanging off the spout on those winter Iowa days!) Probably just because there is nothing like being outside, smelling the ocean, feeling the breeze and listening to the birds while showering. I. Loved. It.
We also had a little library room, fuuly stocked with dvd's, cd's, games and books. That was a nice idea but besides listening to a couple cd's, we really didn't use much of those. We really just wanted to be outside at the beach as much as we could. I just couldn't get enough of the ocean and the sand and the breeze!
The entire upstairs was one bedroom and private bath, Trevor slept here, isn't it cute!?!
I love those light above the bar and you can't see it very well but there is a little teapot collection on the shelf behind the lights. The kitchen was fully furnished with everything we could need and a few surprises!
On another note, this is not a picture you really want to see ten hours into your fifteen hour trip! That's right, we said good bye to our faithful old minivan. Not a good day, that first day of vacation. We broke down on the side of the highway, in the mountains in Tennessee. Not good. So, we waited for a tow truck and the only place open was the Wal Mart service center, the people there were so nice and so helpful. But, the van was going to cost more to fix than it was worth. So, we rented a car and we went on our way and we actually managed to put the car on Craigslist and had a buyer for it by the end of the week.
Anyway, our sweeeeeet little cottage and the rest of the trip was so fun, it more than made up for it!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The support uses a continuous coil system, which offer a more consistent support across the mattress. The drawback to this type of coil system is movement is transferred through the entire mattress, so if your partner moves a lot in the night, you will feel the motion as well. best matresses

James said...

A mattress is the place where you spend about 30% of your lifetime during those moments that comfort is of your highest priority. truck mattress